History of the Nancy Kendall Award
Established in October 1998 by the PMA Executive Committee, the Nancy Kendall Award recognizes exceptional and unwavering service and commitment to the membership of the Professional and Managerial Association of Western University as embodied by Nancy Kendall, a founding member of the P.M.A.
Recipients will be selected by the P.M.A. Executive Committee and, when appropriate, the award will be presented at the Annual General Meeting of the Professional and Managerial Association.
A recipient of the Nancy Kendall Award has demonstrated exceptional and unwavering service and commitment to the membership of the Professional and Managerial Association by meeting two or more of the following criteria:
- Participating actively on one or more P.M.A. committees for an extended period of time
- Contributing, on an exceptional level, as a P.M.A. representative on one or more University groups or committees
- Enhancing the P.M.A. image through involvement in other campus, community or provincial groups
- Espousing P.M.A. philosophy as described in the P.M.A. Mission Statement
A Call for the 2018 Nancy Kendall Award will go out prior to the 2018 AGM on May 31.
The Nancy Kendall Award recognizes exceptional and unfailing service and commitment to the membership of the Professional and Managerial Association as embodied by Nancy Kendall, a founding member of the PMA. Should an eligible candidate be selected, the award will be presented at the Annual General Meeting of the PMA on May 3, 2017.
Nominations for this prestigious award and supporting documentation will be accepted by the Adjudication Committee until April 19, 2017. Please send the name of your nominee to Maridon Duncanson, PMA Office, Rm. 351, UCC or email email@example.com. Both the nominator and the nominee must be PMA members.
Nominees will be contacted to ensure they wish their names to stand. If so, they will also be asked to complete a Nominee Profile (one will be provided to each nominee) of their PMA activities. All nominees will be notified of the decision of the Adjudication Committee prior to the Annual General meeting. Please note, this is not an annual award and a recipient may not be selected to receive the award each year.
The adjudication of the award will follow the guidelines listed below:
(Approved by the Executive on June 28, 1999)
- The adjudication committee will normally be chaired by the PMA Vice President and will consist of the Vice President and three other PMA members selected by the Executive.
- Nominators must be current members of the PMA.
- Nominators and those who provide letters of support for a nominee may not serve on the adjudication committee.
- Nominees should not be asked to write letters of support for other nominees. If such letters are received due to lack of prior knowledge, it shall be left to the discretion of the Chair of
the adjudicating committee to determine if additional letters of support need to be obtained.
- It is preferable that at least one of the three letters of support should be from a person whose knowledge of the nominee is derived from contacts outside of the PMA Executive or Committee Process.
View full details of the nomination process.
Anne Baxter, 1999
Catherine Elliot Shaw, 2000
Arlene Kennedy, 2001
Bruce Moor, 2002
Jim Ford, 2003
Brenda MacEachren, 2004
Les Ste. Marie, 2005
Susan Grindrod, 2006
Dawn Munday, 2007
Nancy Patrick, 2008
Eileen Grainger, 2009
Kim Holland, 2010
Bob Gough and Peggy Wakabayashi, 2011
Debbie Acton, 2012
Jacqueline Hassall, 2014
Leslie Gloor Duncan, 2015
Ruta Lawrence, 2016